Tuesday, July 18, 2006

NUCLEAR ARMAGEDDON?

Well, I guess I cannot keep talking about religion when the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Fundamentalist Christians may be right about Armageddon being just around the corner.

Make no mistake about it, the latest Middle East flare-up is pretty serious business. I scared my wife when I said that I had strong feelings that this time nuclear weapons may actually be used. Think that is far-fetched?

Iran and Syria are the main movers behind Hezbollah. Both countries are Shiite Muslims as is Hezbollah. For reference purposes, Hamas, the group running Palestine is Sunni.

Iran has told Syria that if Israel attacks, we will back you up – OK?

Do you now see why Iran REALLY wants an atom bomb? I have a feeling that Hezbollah started this war a little too soon for Iran – they probably don’t have a bomb ready yet – so why should Israel wait till they have one?

Now I am not talking about Nagasaki or Hiroshima type nuclear devices. I am talking about small, clean (no radioactive clouds) nuclear bombs that would be aimed at specific targets and would guarantee utmost shock and awe. The targets may be Iran’s nuclear factories and Syria’s capital and army barracks. I am sure the targets have been selected long time ago.

Rationale; Israel is a small country, with a small population. Their duty is to protect the citizens of Israel. Why should they wait till they can no longer protect their people – strike now and secure the future?

I must admit that I have tried to be objective but after seeing Israel give land back in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank and still get shit on; I see no way out using the tried and failed methods of the past. We need major new and dramatic thinking and action.

Let me throw something else into the fray. The Sunni countries like Egypt, Saudi Arabia and others have CONDEMNED Hezbollah for creating this unnecessary situation which is killing Muslims and destroying a country that has just finished rebuilding itself after the last conflict. This is a first. Arabs have not criticized other Arabs, at least when it comes to the Jews, ever before.

Believe me; the Sunnis are scared of IRAN, the Shiite powerhouse. Look at Iraq and the wholesale slaughter of Sunnis by Shiites and visa versa – they REALLY hate each other and do not want to live in peace (I guess I am back to the subject of religion).

THE SUNNIS MAY ACTUALLY WANT ISRAEL TO DROP A NUCLEAR BOMB ON SHIITE IRAN. After centuries, the Sunnis finally destroy their real enemies, their Muslim brothers.

Hey, I am not kidding, I feel like atom bombs are going to fall if this escalates any further.

I cannot help but take a swipe at the Bush Administration and their evacuation plans for American citizens. It appears that the French and the Italians are evacuating U.S. citizens out of Beirut to Cypress; we just can’t seem to get our shit together fast enough – great superpower that we are!

Janusz

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...