Tuesday, August 28, 2007

FAMILY VALUES MY ASS!






I am sorry but I still feel the need to point out the hypocrisy of some Republicans who spout about how holy and perfect they are and how Jesus is their personal guide through life so they really deserve your vote.

I need to keep doing this to show those voters that actually bought into the Karl Rove Republican Christian family values nonsense exactly what they bought into: hypocrisy!

It is no secret that televangelists have been raking in big bucks pleading in the name of Jesus while screwing their secretary and building mighty zillion dollar mansions - that’s to be expected and if you are stupid enough to give them your money more power to them.

Politicians I hold to higher standards strangely enough. I relish not in catching them in a lie but in pointing the lie out to the voter that voted for him or her because of that lie.

Senator David Vitter (R- Louisiana) is an old story. He was the clean-cut Senator that was oh so Christian it hurt. He was also the Senator whose phone number was published by a Washington, D.C. madam as a favorite and long time customer. I felt bad for his wife and kids.

The latest is Senator Larry Craig (R-Idaho) staunch defender of the moral way of life and against sinners such as gays, etc.: caught in a Minneapolis Airport bathroom looking for some quickie sex with his next stall mate. I feel bad for his wife and kids also.

These guys are part of a long list of Republicans caught violating their own moral precepts. I am not saying Democrats are any better but at least they don’t pass themselves off as holier-than-thou.

I hope the American voter considers this a lesson learned but I am quite sure they will fall for the same line again and again and again.







No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...