Sunday, May 31, 2009

SUPREME COURT: Bunch of Catholics?











Let me talk a little about Sonia Sotomayor being Catholic. She was raised a Catholic but so was I so I don’t hold that against people; my concerns are what kind of Catholic are you now – regular mass attendee or in name only. To me you were either brainwashed at an early age and remain facing backward or you used the great education given by the Catholic Parochial School System to open your eyes and fly forward.

Of course I am not stereotyping all Catholics that way!

Interestingly enough, five (5) of the nine (9) Supreme Court judges are Catholic; Sonia would make six (6) or 66% of the court.

John Roberts, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Sam Alito are regular mass attendees. Anthony Kennedy is not. The mass attendees make up the conservative wing of the court, Kennedy is a swing vote.

Sonia Sotomayor appears to be a Catholic in name only with no regular mass attending, no parish to call her own, no priest confessor and no wearing of religion on her sleeve. There is also a divorce in her past with no indication of an annulment, either sought or granted – I breathe a sigh of relief.

I have been reading a variety of surveys that have found “religious” people and I mean staunchly religious people are the ones who are most ready to approve of war, of torture, of the death penalty, of anti-gay legislation and in general most anti-Christian or better said, anti-Jesus issues you can think of and by that I mean issues that Jesus would not support because of his philosophy and therefore his teachings – interesting heh?

Don’t take my word for it, just see on which side Scalia, Thomas, Alito and Roberts stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...