Saturday, October 31, 2009

FACEBOOK: Self censorship?




Some time ago I linked my blog to my Facebook page; yesterday I unlinked it.

Since some of my posts are controversial and may offend, I was writing fewer and fewer posts and I can blame that on a lack of time but also on restraint on my part because of the people on my Facebook page and my not wanting to upset them even though originally, I thought I would bring a different perspective on the issues I write about.

One person on my Facebook page is actually a priest so I thought that may be a good thing to see if he would comment on my religious views but no such luck.

I still will link a blog or two to Facebook if they are neutral like vacation comments or of local Detroit or Michigan issues.

Am I a chicken shit or a little too sensitive in doing this self censorship? Maybe and I promised that in my later years I would let it all hang out. I will have to examine my feelings on this issue a little more…

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...