Friday, March 05, 2010

LIFE: A Beginning!


This is my second grandson. His name is LUKE. he came in at over 10 LBS; nearer to 11 LBS but they lose some weight once they are out and about.
At my age, the cycle of life has more meaning or at least causes me more reflection than in the past.
Spending time with my aunt dying of cancer and waiting on the final step like waiting for a bus; hoping it comes soon and ready to get on.
On the other side is Luke. Now three (3) days old, eating and pooping with not a care in the world. It is for us to look at the little creature and imagine the future and knowing we will not be there to see it all.
My mother, who is 87 has seen me and my siblings through most of our lives and knows how we turned out, our ups and our downs. I think she is lucky as hell and I hope I get that chance with my kids but the grandkids - enjoy them as much as possible and play as big a role as you can for as long as you can - and the cycle will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...