Friday, August 27, 2010

IRAQ WAR: See the Movie THE GREEN ZONE!


I just finished watching the movie THE GREEN ZONE with Matt Damon. It is about the Iraq War, it is fiction but based on a non-fiction book and I think it portrays on screen what I have been saying for years; Bush lied his ass off about the existence of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and then tried to cover those lies up.

I suppose I should not blame Bush alone but include the band of neo-cons (Chaney, Rumsfeld, et.al.) that were involved in the plot (yes PLOT) to get us into a war with Iraq and to establish the first democracy in the Middle East.

I hope those involved in the plot will eventually be punished but I doubt that it will ever happen…

Anyway, the movie hit the nail on the head for me about the WMD but also brought up other errors we made like disbanding the Iraq army structure which would have prevented all the sectarian violence that followed.

Yes, the Iraq War was a royal fuck-up from day one and now that we are leaving after sacrificing so many lives, all hell will break loose as if we were never there in the first place – how nice is that?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...