Friday, May 30, 2014

VA HEALTH ADMINISTRATION:..... WTF?




I have been listening to all the hubbub about the VA Health Administration and how fucked up the administration is and how veterans are getting screwed big time.

First, we all know that any government administration of anything by its very nature will be fucked up. I learned this while in the military (1966-1970) and as far as I was concerned, a VA hospital is where you went to die.

Second, veterans that were injured during duty are the ones needing the most immediate care and should be the utmost priority for treatment and benefits.

What we are really talking about are old veterans basically having health issues brought on by old age and this is where I don’t quite understand why these veterans are seeking medical services from the VA system.

When I left the service I worked in the private sector and it is in the private sector that I receive health insurance that covered me and my family. When I retired Medicare took over my health insurance so why the VA.

I had one acquaintance that went to the VA because he was an alcoholic and could not get private health insurance. Also I know of some Vietnam veterans that are claiming agent orange contamination during service which now is causing certain symptoms to show up…really after all these years…well maybe.

So I am a little puzzled why old veterans would be using the VA system if they have private health coverage and/or Medicare given the terrible reputation VA hospitals have.

I realize the Republicans need to cause trouble for the Democrats so they will jump at any issue to discredit the current administration so I will have to see what the hell is the real problem with the VA system other than a bunch of greedy federal employees screwing the system.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...