Wednesday, November 09, 2005

BACK FROM SCOTLAND


Went over to Scotland to celebrate my daughter's wedding again but this time in Scotland where her husband is originally from. We went to PERTH and attended the reception held in a "Scotch - Whiskey" distillery. Everything went well. We even learned to dance a few Scottish dances after which the band played "Proud Mary" and other standard wedding songs.

Drove on the "wrong side of the road" which was pretty scary for me. The wheel was also on the right hand of the car. My son acted as navigator and saved me many a time from going into the wrong lane. They have many, many "roundabouts" which are suppose to be the best traffic controllers but are a little difficult to get used to.

The Scots are very polite and therefore we did not get into any political discussions but I knew they were concerned about the world situation. Many of them are world travelers and therefore concerned about the increasing dangers of world travel.

All in all, I think the Scots do like Americans and travel here often on vacation. They especially like our accents.

Janusz

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...