Wednesday, June 21, 2006

HOPE IN SOUTH DAKOTA?

South Dakota recently passed one of the most restrictive abortion laws in this country since Roe vs. Wade. The law disallowed abortions in cases of rape and incest. The law allowed abortions only when the mother’s life was in danger. Overnight, South Dakota and the people that live there became symbols of backwardness. My wife refused to go on vacation to S. Dakota for this very reason; not want to spend her vacation dollars to bolster the economy of THOSE people. The law was slated to go into affect on July 1, 2006.

But wait, a ray of light appeared. There were actually some righteous people left in South Dakota that did not subscribe to the beliefs of the dark side. They actually were progressives that were able to rid themselves of centuries old religious superstitions and think in humanist ways which places humans before superstition.

I must admit I don’t know how they did this but they actually managed to collect enough signatures in that seemingly backward state to have the issue placed on a ballot. Think about it; the people of South Dakota will actually get a chance to vote on it instead of a renegade legislature forcing it down their throats.

Now make no mistake about it, the law will probably be approved because the so called progressives are in a minority but just to see that minority fight for their rights does my heart good and keeps me from thinking the whole country has converted to the dark side.

Now I realize that a debate about choice/abortion cannot be held between people representing the competing sides; it has not worked for me so far. But let me try a little reasoning and see where it gets me.

The South Dakota law prohibited abortion in cases of rape and/or incest. I am not a woman but I try to understand how it would feel to get raped. I guess I can try to imagine if I was raped by another male. I can try but I cannot even imagine the horror. To me the violator/rapist would be a criminal monster of the worst kind; Satan himself.

If you’re a woman, the devil can impregnate you with his seed; Satan’s child. What kind of a person would force you to carry Satan’s seed for nine months and then give birth to it even if the child is blameless – just think of the psychological torture to the woman – unimaginable?

What if the rapist was your perverted father? What type of person would force a child to carry the incest seed (her brother or sister) for nine months and then give birth to it? The child will be scarred for life as it is but forcing her to go through a pregnancy is plain barbaric.

What of the unwanted and hated child that is produced (even though innocent)? What kind of life can that child expect and don’t tell me – at least their alive.

If none of this fazes you in the least then you are a cold-blooded, brainwashed worshiper of fetuses with no feelings for your fellow human beings.


Janusz




No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...