Friday, October 20, 2006

MORE ON THE VEIL DEBATE!







Here is a little more on the veil that some Muslim women are required (want?) to wear as a sign of modesty and the debate in England.

It appears that the politician that started this whole thing requested Muslim women that come to visit him and want to talk to him, to remove their veil covering their face. He said he had trouble talking to someone with a mask.

Well, I agree. In our culture, if you are hiding your face behind a mask you are trying to hide your identity and usually for a good reason, you are committing a crime and don’t want anyone to identify you.

In my family, it is actually impolite to address someone in sunglasses unless you are outside in a blaring sunlight and everyone has sunglasses on. I think it is only human nature to want to see the person you are talking to.

I am obviously still having some problems with denying someone the freedom to dress as they wish and am just arranging my thoughts to come to terms with this – please bear with me.

Janusz

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...