Friday, September 14, 2007

FIGHT BUSH LIES!




I have been on a kind of a mission lately. Every time I read a letter to the editor in our local paper that is full of historical misinformation, I take it upon myself to correct the individual. I don’t do it in a nasty way; I try to be as gentle as possible.

My rationale for doing this is to not only educate the individual that is misinformed but hopefully to reach many other individuals that may be similarly misinformed.

I don’t consider myself an expert but I feel very confident with certain subjects and I also research and confirm my positions.

The amount of basic ignorance in this country is staggering and if more people would challenge this ignorance in public, maybe some will get a dose of enlightenment.

In the two (2) letters to the editor that I posted recently, the first letter has to do with the misinformation that still abounds about the Iraq war. Bush has done a great job of bamboozling Americans into believing his version of things which are NOT TRUE or NOT FULLY TRUE.

A good example was his most recent speech where he hammered at the need to fight al-Qaeda before they come here and kill us. He makes it seem like that is what the war is about. He forgets to tell us that Iraq had NO al-Qaeda terrorists before Bush’s invasion and that Saddam Hussein hated al-Qaeda and would never permit them to operate from Iraqi soil.

Bush went on to say that he wants Iraq to be able to repel al-Qaeda and deny them a home in Iraq and he will keep our troops there until that is possible. Well hell, all Bush had to do is NOT invade Iraq and al-Qaeda would NEVER have been able to enter Iraq,

To you this may seem like a minor point but to me it IS THE POINT, the jackass caused the problem in the first place and now uses it as a reason for the war in Iraq.

Some of my friends and relatives watch the FOX NEWS NETWORK exclusively and so do many people in this country and that is why there is so much misconception about the war in Iraq; they are fed bullshit by Bush and his lackeys at FOX.

So I will continue to challenge publicly (as in a letter to the editor) any letter writer that is misguided when it comes to the facts; let them know how naïve and wrong they are and maybe, just maybe, we can make a difference.

More on ignorance…



No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...