Friday, July 25, 2008

THE DETROIT NEWS EDITS TOO MUCH!





Below this blog, you will see the letter I wrote to the Detroit News about the stinkin’ unions trying to pass legislation with the help of their Democratic cohorts that is intended to make it virtually impossible for employees to vote against unionization.

The legislation will outlaw, secret ballot voting by the employees in favor of having a union THUG standing at the factory gate with a clip board and saying “sign or I will break your legs” and this piece of legislation is called THE FREE CHOICE ACT.

I admonished the Detroit News for allowing a labor figure to write a column spouting all sorts of union bullshit but not allowing a dissenting column in the same space or opposite the labor piece.

The Detroit News is not known to be liberal but for some reason, they would not publish my entire letter but emasculated it by publishing only the middle of the letter which does not mention the paper or the words “union drivel” and “union propaganda”.

I realize that the paper does not want to publish offending letters that use words inappropriate for a family paper BUT to block out criticism of the paper, block out “strong” anti-union language is unfair and a form of censorship.

What is the point of publishing letters to the editor if the paper will not allow honest, maybe brutally honest, dialog to occur.

If you allow a union official to state his case you have to allow a rebuttal otherwise people ignorant of the facts, will accept union lies as truths. The Detroit News, in publishing those lies without rebuttal are complicit in propagating the union line and to me that is HIGHLY UNETHICAL.

The Detroit news may counter that they DID publish my letter, just heavily edited and my point was conveyed BUT my small, tiny letter does to carry the weight and authority of a full column or the timing of an “opposing” column published at the same time.

I say shame on the Detroit News.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...