Saturday, August 16, 2008

NEW YORK CITY VISIT





I have had a busy summer and it has not ended yet – more to come – so let us start.

Went to New York City to see my newly married son – just a long weekend is all we had time for. The city was boiling. The subways were boiling. It was even too hot to sit outside of a restaurant to eat; we needed air conditioning at all times – not my idea of fun at all.

We did not let the heat thwart us – we stayed at the Brooklyn Marriott – great place – close to the subways but we walked to most places. New York is a huge city that is run very well not at all like decrepit, mismanaged, corrupt Detroit.

The restaurants are great and plentiful. We tried a “vegan” place and I will have to admit that everything was tasty even though I didn’t know what I was eating 100% of the time.

For me, New York City is great for a visit. I am not a city dweller but I need to be near a city. I long for my wide open (green) spaces and a lot of floor space in my house. I want to look at the sky without a skyscraper being in the way. Each to his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...