Wednesday, November 05, 2008

WE WON, THE COUNTRY WON, THE WORLD WON!














Well I stayed up for the whole thing last night and it was worth it; we were part of history in the making!

McCain’s concession speech was a great speech and I think, reflected the words of the real John McCain and not the words of his handlers. It was gracious and heartfelt. I printed out a copy to have in my library – that good!

Obama’s speech to the huge, cheering and celebrating crowd at Grant Park in Chicago was classic Obama like only he could deliver. He seemed pretty serious at times knowing full well what is now ahead of him.

I am glad he won but now I will start to worry about what damage unbridled Democrats can cause to me, us, our nation, etc.

Monday morning quarterbacking has begun as to what McCain did wrong or what he should have done. I will always feel, since I was an early McCain backer, that he let people (former Bush people) dictate to him how the campaign should be run. He once knew better but surrendered his better judgment to so called pros that proceeded to blow it.

His pick for VP (Palin) was going to be either a brilliant move or a dumb decision; it ended up biting him on the ass.

His opting to attack Barack Obama on character with negative ads also bit him on the ass as people were clearly saying they did not like negative ads; stick to the issues.

The biggest factor in his demise was the sudden, historically unprecedented economic fall here and around the world. The change was instantaneous; Obama jumped in the lead and never looked back. Obviously, people felt more comfortable with Obama handling the economy than a guy who allowed it to happen.

MEDICINAL MARIJUANA LEGAL USAGE: The proposal passed big time with nary any opposition.

LEGAL STEM CELL RESEARCH: The proposal also passed but the battle the Catholic Church waged ($10 million) against it nearly defeated it. I am happy people saw through the Church’s flimsy and untrue arguments.

Have to call my friend in North Carolina. The state elected a Democratic Senator and nearly elected Obama by a fraction of one percent. Wow, now that IS historic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...