Wednesday, July 08, 2009

HEALTHCARE: Simple Rules to Start!














I guess we may as well start on the healthcare issue because once Congress is back in session, all hell should break loose.

I have been addressing the issue for quite some time now and have definitive ideas what will work and what will not and I am and have been involved in the healthcare system in this country in one capacity or another; my livelihood depends on our healthcare system so YES, I care what eventually happens.

1. I have been advocating for a “universal coverage” system from day one. What this means is that EVERYONE MUST HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE. This is similar to everyone needs auto insurance to drive a car, no and, ifs or buts about it – it is the law and if you are caught without it, you will be punished – severely.

2. To compel everyone to buy health insurance, we must have a plethora (large variety) of insurance policy types available at various cost/coverage levels with NO MINIMUM BENEFIT STANDARDS. Once you impose minimum coverage standards you immediately raise the cost of policies making the policies unaffordable for many.

3. I do not want our government to have a GOVERNMENT RUN PLAN. I want our government to subsidize people that cannot afford an insurance plan BUT that plan is administered by a private insurance company NOT our government. The reasons are many and they include the MEDICARE and MEDICAID plans as examples. These plans are the most wasteful, uncontrolled and corrupt plans in this country. They are run like shit because they are run by government bureaucrats who have lifetime civil service jobs and don’t give a shit about how they do their jobs; it’s not their money they are spending. Private companies have to make a profit and will watch every dime to make sure there is no waste – profit is a huge motivator!

So here are my starting points and we will see how things develop. Right now the plan the Democrats have on the table is unacceptable so let us try again and again until we get it right.

I agree something needs to be done, I just don’t believe in SOCIALIZED MEDICINE because it does not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...