Thursday, July 14, 2011

CNN'S AMERICAN MORNING SHOW: Drives me crazy...

American Morning on CNN HD with the 2004–2008 ...Image via Wikipedia

I have watched CNN’s AMERICAN MORNING newscast at 6:30 AM for many, many years. I catch up on the news while I exercise.

This year I have gotten so fed up with the show that I have been looking for some other show to watch.

Why did I get fed up? - Mainly because I cannot stand when two or more people talk over each other. Everyone knows that we all cannot speak at the same time and common courtesy tells you to allow one to finish before you start talking.

I have always been amazed at why people do that; can’t you hear that the other person is talking? I would think that professional news anchors would know that and act accordingly.

For a long time I watched the team of Kiran Chetry and John Roberts deliver the news. They were fine for a while but Kiran has the knack to talk over people talking. She even does all the talking when asking people questions, never letting them get a word in, so why in the hell are you interviewing him?

John Roberts disappeared one day and I wondered what happened until I found out today. He went to FOX after telling Kiran where to get off on live TV as she kept talking while he was doing an interview.

CNN, which I thought actually knew what they were doing, combined Kiran Chetry with Ali Velshi (whom I like) and Christine Romans, normally the economics reported who now joined them as the three anchors. Now you had them all talking at the same time, each trying to show how good they are by hogging the air time…I nearly threw something at the TV.

Now I hear that someone at CNN is finally listening to the bullshit going on and is cleaning house…Kiran Chetry is finally getting her ass kicked out but I don’t know who the new team will be.

I am a creature of habit and I don’t like my routine disrupted but now I am forced to look for a different news show at 6:30 AM. I tried CNN’s Headline News with Robin Mead but there is too much fluff and cuteness in it; I want the hard news of the day. I then tried MSNBC’s Morning Joe and it is a bit better but again there are many people around the table but they seem to know not to talk over each other but it happens…

I have written to CNN on many occasions giving them my opinion of the American Morning show but they have not listened until now or maybe they are making changes because it is the lowest ranked news show at that time slot.

Watching FOX is not an option for the sane.

I needed to get this off my chest…




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...