Sunday, August 14, 2011

2012 DEMOCRATIC NAT. CONVENTION: In non-union Charlotte, N.C.?

Collage of Charlotte, North Carolina.Image via Wikipedia

A headline caught my eye yesterday “Some unions to skip 2012 Dems convention” because Democrats and unions are blood brothers after all and what could possess unions to skip THEIR convention.

The convention is to be held in CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA which is a right-to-work state and even the hotels are non-union and I imagine that the workers setting up the convention are non-union workers.

Charlotte, if you remember, is the city that Boeing built its 787 factory instead of in heavily unionized Seattle so this could be very interesting.

I am not sure why the Democrats picked Charlotte for their national convention but the unions are pissed to say the least.

I will have to dig deeper to see what the story is behind the story but I am digging it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...