Wednesday, August 24, 2011

STEVE JOBS: An untimely ending?

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates at the fifth D: All ...Image via Wikipedia

Just heard that Steve Jobs, CEO of APPLE, has resigned. It can only mean one thing; the end is probably near even though officially, it is just another medical leave.

Here is a brilliant and gifted man that has brought us to a technological future we only dreamt about before and it empowered us to do things better and faster.

All the money in the world cannot alter what fate has in store for us and tragically at his early age, his time appears to be running out.

Jobs and Wozniak built a computer in their garage that revolutionized the world as we knew it. I gravitated to the APPLE (Mac) computer when it first came out because I could understand how to work it, to use it, where I could not fathom the IBM program; the MAC was meant for a regular, non-computer guy like me.

Yes, people laughed at me when I bought a Mac and brought it to work; what are we going to do with it…waste of money…just a toy. Well, now we know better and most businesses can not even function without a computer but at the beginning, they laughed.

I will say that I was forced to go to a PC system when I computerized the whole company but that was because Microsoft managed to dominate the software world and not insist on making the boxes; that was a stroke of genius by Bill Gates.

BUT Apple eventually recovered and found a better direction and now their stock trades between $300 - $400 a share.

I feel sad for Steve Jobs because he probably has many more ideas he still wants to pursue and his ideas translate to a better world for us all so we should feel sad also for ourselves.

I watch my grandkids now and know they will never know a world without computers; hell, they are using them now even before kindergarten and I can still remember when the invention of the hand calculator was a very big deal to me.

Steve Jobs will go down in history as someone that made the world a better place. I just wish he could grow old and enjoy watching the world of his ideas come to full fruition.









Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...