Sunday, May 06, 2012

2012 PETITIONS: Be aware of what you are signing...




Pretty soon you will encounter a bunch of people that will want you TO SIGN THEIR PETITION to place their issue on the November ballot.

First thing you have to understand is that many of these people will be people that are getting paid $2 per signature although some may be volunteers.

The second thing to remember is that they will use any persuasion trick they can to get you to sign even misrepresenting the petition or plain ole’ LYING.

The best way to protect yourself from signing something you do not support is to be aware of the petitions that are circulating this year.

I will always have a problem with RECALL PETITIONS mainly because they go against what has been legally done whether electing a person or passing legislation; if you don’t like the person that was elected or legislation that was passed…don’t vote for the person or persons responsible in the next legal election; recall petitions to me are undemocratic!

This year I WILL NOT SIGN ANY PETITIONS accept the one LEGALIZING MARIJUAHNA!

1.                    The UAW is spending millions to block a RIGHT-TO-WORK LAW. This is a bullshit petition trying to keep union power in place which will continue to rip the public off while denying accountability measures.

2.                   Forcing Michigan to get 25% of its energy from renewable sources is a good idea but “forcing” anything is not so vote NO.

3.                   The proposal to unionize home health workers just really pisses me off. Home workers do not want to be unionized because there is no benefit to being unionized but the SEIU union has been taking money from their small checks for union dues until Snyder put a stop to it. Vote a big NO on this one.

4.                  Legalizing marijuana is a no brainer to me. I like to drink vodka but I am aware of the problems of drinking too much vodka can bring so if my government allows me to drink vodka they sure as hell should allow someone to smoke a joint if they want to…it makes perfect sense to me and I hope you.

I am amazed at the lengths people will go to get what they want even when it makes no sense to the rest of us but hey, its our democratic system so be aware of the scoundrals around you and do not get taken in by their bullshit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...