Saturday, June 22, 2013

PAULA DEEN: Just Desserts...baby!






I can’t believe I finally retired but have less time to blog than when I worked…WTF.

Anyway, I had to say a few words about PAULA DEEN the so-called chef of good ole’ Southern Cooking.

No I don’t watch her show but I do dislike her for a number of reasons and when I heard she was fired from the Food Network TV for using racial slurs in the past (or maybe the present) I had to comment.

She obviously was a very popular TV cook but my dislike of her started when I heard that she had Type 2 Diabetes but had kept that fact secret from her TV public.

The problem is that in her cooking she advocated eating a ton of fat (butter) and sugar which happen to contribute to the development of Type 2 Diabetes, the biggest health scourge of American adults; usually who are overweight and eat unhealthy like DEEN was promoting.

She finally admitted she had Type 2 Diabetes and immediately became a paid spokesperson for an insulin manufacturer, insulin sometimes used in Type 2 Diabetes treatment programs.

She then started slowly changing her cooking recommendations to “lite” dishes after years of encouraging and promoting fat and sugar laden dishes that promoted Type 2 Diabetes.

I really do not know anything about her racial issues and if she really was racially insensitive to some of her employees but she did admit to some of that and went on YouTube to apologize so she probably does deserve some of the blame.

My problem with her remains her dishonesty hiding behind her false Southern charm; she is a selfish and greedy individual that really does not give a shit about the adoring public that she has lead into Type 2 Diabetes and all the pain that came with that condition.

Just desserts…baby

 

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...