Monday, August 08, 2005

BACK IN TOWN

I have spent the last two weeks in Florida. First, attending the annual AACC (American Association of Clinical Chemists) Convention in Orlando and then taking my dealer from Poland (two couples) to visit the Florida Keys.

It was hotter than hell but I had a good time and learned some things along the way - some topics to discuss on this blog.

I visited the Keys many years ago when my kids were young but many things remained the same and I had no trouble finding my way.

It never ceases to amaze me how large and beautiful our country is. My European business partners were definitely amazed.

The Florida Everglades are a sight to behold. Taking an airboat ride through them is quite amazing even though I was totally soaked. My friends could not get enough of the alligators.

The glass-bottom boat ride to the reef was great but the women got sick when they did not pay attention to me when I said keep your eyes on the horizon every so often and not only at the glass bottom - oh well.

Key West is a great little town even though very commercial. You should experience the town and its history and myths at least once.

Janusz

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...