Tuesday, August 09, 2005

PETER JENNINGS

Just a quick note on the passing of Peter Jennings, the long time anchor of ABC World News Tonight.

I basically grew up listening to the man every evening and continued till the day he had to leave because of lung cancer. I really thought he would come back and was surprised when they announced his death.

He really went fast after announcing he will begin chemotherapy in April 2005. I should have known it would be fast because usually they perform surgery first to remove affected nodules. Chemotherapy meant that they could no longer localize the cancer and had to use a shotgun method that never really works.

Peter Jennings was cool, calm and collective in his reporting even when a glimmer of emotion broke through the cracks. I respected his knowledge (highschool dropout), caring and his oh so professional delivery.

I guess at my age (58), I start noticing the passing of people I knew for a long time. People I became accustomed to and people that became a part of my daily life.

Oh well, time marches on and after all we are just players on a stage ...

Janusz

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...