Friday, February 24, 2006

FREEDOM OF SPEECH?




Recently I wrote about free speech and the Muhammad cartoons published in Denmark. I mentioned that Muslims must realize that the West believes fervently in the principal of free speech and they need to learn that fact and accept it if they want to move forward out of their culture of ignorance and superstition; they need to be allowed to see the light of progress.

Then, Austria arrest and jails the British historian DAVID IRVING for denying that the HOLOCOUST is a historical reality. It appears there is a law in Austria that says people that deny the holocaust can be jailed – they waited till Irving arrived in Austria and they arrested, tried and jailed him.

I may disagree with Irving. I may think he is a nut case. I may think he is totally wrong about history BUT I have to respect his right to state his views!

This makes the whole West look bad and is totally unacceptable. I hope the governments of the West tell Austria to get a brain.


Janusz

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...