Sunday, May 20, 2007

ON TURNING 60!





May of 2007 means that I have turned 60. The Baby Boomers, the hippies of the 60s are now becoming 60 themselves.

I know many of my generation did not believe they would ever see 60 and many of them did not but we remain the largest generational group ever. Our size means that whatever we do as a group; the country will be impacted.

Our rebellion against the social order in the 1960s did not mean we were all of like mind. Obviously our current president is part of our group and look how he turned out.

No, we did not achieve the greatness we thought we would; we had such hopes. President Bush single-handedly screwed things up big time and he is only one man!

Anyway, I am looking forward to my 60s. I still feel pretty good and my intentions are to travel – all over. I have done a good bit of traveling already but now I want to travel for pleasure with my wife and not for business. History is my passion and I want to indulge it.

My son gave me a book titled something like, the thousand places you want to visit before you die and I am going to start reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...