Thursday, September 04, 2008

FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND HOCKEY MOMS!





Last night I watched ABC News where the anchor, Charlie Gibson interviewed John McCain about his selection for VP.

He asked McCain point blank, with all the problems internationally that this country is facing, is Sarah Palin, with absolutely no experience in foreign affairs, capable of leading this country through the maize of those critical foreign situations.

McCain said absolutely, energy is an important factor in foreign affairs and she is great with energy issues plus Russia is next to Alaska?

What about national security experience which she has none of, energy, she knows about energy.

You can listen to this interview for yourself on abcnews.com.

I am sorry but naming Palin to be the next VP or even President is so stupid it is insulting. McCain could not even answer a direct question about her foreign affairs experience or even knowledge. He could have said she could learn from me, he went on about what a wonderful person she is and what a loving family she has.

I am not willing to sacrifice my safety, my kid’s safety, my grandkid’s safety or the safety of this country by allowing a hockey mom to make those critical decisions that impact all our safety; that is plain stupid.

On an even scarier note, some evangelicals and other religious people I know actually see her good character as all they need to know about to vote her into office – lord help us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...