Tuesday, December 28, 2010

CHRISTMAS EVE: WIGILIA feast at a new place...

After nearly 40 years of having the traditional Polish Christmas eve feast called WIGILIA, we finally decided that we were too old and the task was just too demanding for us to continue. The family has grown from the original which included my parents, me and my two sisters to over 40 people on some occasions.

We decided to look for a hall to contain the growing multitude but to my surprise, my daughter Tanya said she would like to try her hand at having the Wigilia and boy what a fine job she and her husband did.

Their house is bigger than ours so they were able to keep the kids and presents in the basement while the upper floor was for dining and visiting among family members; it turned out to be perfect and I am so proud of their efforts and imagination.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...