Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011: Went by pretty fast for us...

English: Wildfire in Yellowstone National Park...
Image via Wikipedia
River_near_Gatlinburg_TN.JPG
Image via Wikipedia
A view of the Caribbean Sea from the Dominican...
Image via Wikipedia

Well it is time to take a look at 2011 before we move on to 2012. Everybody says how fast the year went by but we say that all the time and the older you get, the faster the year goes by…what is that all about?

I think 2011 will be looked at as a momentous year; one that history will take note of and I will look at that in later blogs.

On a personal level, the year was good and busy. Last year was somewhat of a bust because of my father-in-laws extended passing and my wife’s rupture of her Achilles tendon which sidelined her for a good portion of the year so 2011 was to be our make up for the lost opportunities year.

We started out on a Caribbean cruise in January which was a lot of fun followed by a week in the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana with our friends in February. February was also when my sister Zenia turned 70!

March had my grandson Luke turning the BIG 1 and a visit from our Scottish in-laws.

April had my wife and sister Barb going to Florida to help save my crazy cousin Lucy…the trip did some short term good. April also saw my 40th wedding anniversary which we celebrated on a grand scale with our daughter Tanya & husband as well as the Scottish in-laws…great and memorable time.  Easter was early and warm and a lot of fun.

May saw my 64th birthday and our Spring trip to Yellowstone National Park which was a super grand trip with snow, ice and burning sun all in one.

In June, my wife was vacationing with family friend Kerry and her two daughters in the panhandle of Florida and then in Nashville, Tenn. My wife turned 61 that month also.

July was hot and many family members were at our condo in Charlevoix, MI. The annual Air Show was way too hot and I had to attend a convention in Atlanta, Georgia at which my company celebrated 30 years in business with a grand reception attended by many of my colleagues and business associates.

August was also hot and many at the condo in Charlevoix. We took a trip to Charleston, SC to spend time with our friends from North Carolina. We learned why people leave the South in the summer…way too hot for humans!

September was a stay at home month.

October had us going to the condo in Charlevoix, MI to peep at the Fall colors and get the condo ready for winter. We also took a trip to Gatlinburg, TN to visit our niece Kimberly. We drove there with my brother-in-law Craig and his wife Betty; very nice time and another chance to marvel at the Fall colors in the South.

November is when our children were born so we flew to New York City to be with our son Zak on his 33rd birthday with his wife Kimberly…great time as usual in the BIG Apple. Our daughter Tanya turned 40 so we had to celebrate that BIG milestone.

December saw a great WIGILIA celebration at my niece Tammy’s house and now I am looking forward to spending NEW YEAR’S EVE with family and friends and with my mother who will be turning 90 in 2012. We try to spend the New Year with my mother never knowing how long she has on this earth…she has had a remarkable life so far.

Let us see what 2012 will bring…we are already signed up for a cruise in the Caribbean which will probably be our last cruise in the Caribbean since we have basically explored most of it and it is time to move on to other warm climate places reachable by ship.

See you on the flip side…

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...