Thursday, February 16, 2012

GET YOUR FLU SHOTS: Its about others not just you...




Just read a great article in the Wall Street Journal titled: MORE DOCTORS “FIRE” VACCINE REFUSERS (Families Who Reject Inoculations Told to Find a New Physician; Contagion in Waiting Room Is a Fear).

Recently I went for my annual eye exam and then to look for some new glasses and the lady helping me had a surgical mask on so of course, I had to ask if she was a flu shot refuser and why.

She told me she took care of her body quite well and did not want some foreign matter being injected into it. She said if she was a nurse working with very sick people she might consider it but helping people select glasses was not a reason to get a flu shot.

I asked her if she did not care if she gave me the flu and she said she would never give me the flu because she never gets sick but Henry Ford healthcare mandates all their employees get flu shots or face dismissal and she thought that policy was very un-American.

I told her that before vaccines 48,000 people died of Rubella annually and 29,000 of Small pox and 21,000 of Diphtheria but since vaccines were invented…0 deaths.

I said vaccines are not “theoretical” medications, they really work and have years of proof behind them but I could see that I was not going to convince this lady but I would urge Henry Ford Healthcare to demand not only surgical masks but also a new set of surgical gloves between seeing customers since they could pick their nose under that mask and still infect me.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...