Saturday, July 07, 2012

PROMETHEUS THE MOVIE: Not what I expected...





Saw the movie PROMETHEUS, a sci-fi flick that had fantastic previews and was supposed to be a precursor to the ALIEN saga.

I will have to admit that even with fantastic graphics, I was not impressed.

I guess I was expecting a story here; a fantastic tale but somewhat believable and coherent after all we were looking for our creators in this movie.

The actual story has been written and re-written a number of times so you would think the end product would be quite good but no.

I may be in the minority because many people tell me that this film was the best they have ever seen and even “some” professional reviewers agreed that it was fantastic but not all…

A noticeable flaw was the reckless way this team operated in a planet they have never been to and confronting something that could have been dangerous. This devil-may-care attitude just does not jive with serious space exploration and therefore makes it so much less believable.

This story could have had enormous potential with the juxtaposition of earthly faith in God and the discovery of humankind’s creators but that opportunity was blown by weak plot development and an emphasis on stale old bits like when the female lead has a creature growing inside her and has it cut out of her by an operating machine…exiting and suspenseful but has been done too many times.

The story did not connect any dots either as when the famous ALIEN creature emerged from another creature at the end with everyone asking where in the hell did it come from and from who…the creature from the woman’s stomach who did not look at all like the Alien we recognize but some octopus looking slimy thing.

In the end, the female lead took off looking for where our creators came from…a sequel?

I will admit that I liked one of the characters who was a humanoid (robot); he will go into the sequel since he survived even though headless.

I maybe missing something here since there is such a wide division between people that adore this movie and those that were totally disappointed in it…I will have to read more opinions…

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...