Tuesday, October 28, 2008

CATHOLIC CHURCH: Do you approve this message?




Today I voted by absentee ballot; the only way to vote!

I talked to the lunch crowd at work as to what they thought of Proposal 2; the Stem Cell Research Proposal. They mentioned that it was very confusing and they feared that they would somehow be taxed if this proposal went through – indicating that they probably would vote against it.

I explained all the facts about the proposal and how it would help people and no taxes were even mentioned in the proposal. Interestingly enough, what stuck in these people’s minds was the “we will be taxed” suggestion of the opposition ads. The proponent’s ads mentioned that all Detroit media was for the proposal, all doctor and nurse organizations were for the proposals and all medical charities were for the proposal – that did not stick at all.

I mentioned before that the Detroit / Michigan Catholic Church is behind the opposition ads and has donated millions to it but they never, as in most political ads today, identify themselves by saying “I approve this ad” because it speaks for me and my views.

I said that to our resident super Catholic and he said that he opposes the stem cell proposal because of his Catholic views and why can’t the Catholic Church just say that it is against their belief system and that is why they are running these ads?

It appears that the Catholic Church in our state is not above playing dirty political games where they mislead people by outright lying and/or fabricating the truth.

I think the Church should be called out on this but I doubt there is any media type or organization that has enough balls to do that. I guess I will have to be the lone voice in the wilderness of our society that keeps sounding the warning bell against a Church that has a history of deception but depends on their lemmings to keep them in power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...