Saturday, October 25, 2008

MARIJUANA USE IN MICHIGAN: YES




The other proposal on the Michigan ballot is whether to allow the growth and consumption of MARIJUANA FOR MEDICINAL REASONS. Doctors would be able to write permission slips for people that may be helped (pain) by smoking marijuana. There are a lot of legal dos’ and don’ts in this proposal so it does seem there are a lot of precautionary measures to not allow its use for recreational reasons.

I have no idea how many people that suffer excruciating pain will be helped by smoking weed; I don’t think it matters, at least to me. What does matter to me, as in the prostitution case mentioned below, is the total irrationality of banning any and all use of marijuana when, in the same state, you can legally buy booze, get drunk and then jump in your car and potentially slaughter many innocent people that just happen to be out on the roads with this drunk driver.

In view of the legality of alcohol manufacture, purchase and consumption in this state, legal marijuana use would actually be less problematic than the problems created by alcohol abuse.

I am not a marijuana user. My body seems to reject any opiates and other such substances as evidenced by my near death in a hospital that injected me with morphine to alleviate my mega strong pain due to gall bladder / pancreas inflammation; I consider myself very lucky.

No, the marijuana proposal is all about logic and principal. So far, the polls are saying this proposal may pass. Thank heavens the Catholic Church does not object to smoking weed; how else can a hard working priest ever kick back and relax after tending all day to their flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...