Friday, February 01, 2013

ACLU: No more Support From Me!!!




I have been a supporter of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) basically all my adult life but I have decided to end my support as of last year since the ACLU was using my money and the money of other supporters to challenge proposals that were voted on by citizens of Michigan, namely the proposal to mandate that race, religion or gender cannot be used as a factor in university admission policies, etc.

I have written about this in the past but now I have another reason for not supporting the ACLU: challenging RIGHT-TO-WORK legislation.

I have always expected that unions would be challenging the law but I did not think the ACLU would spearhead the challenge; I should have known that ACLU has the word UNION in its name.

Anyway, they are using the totally BULLSHIT approach by saying the law violated the state’s OPEN MEETINGS ACT, the FIRST AMENDMENT and the state constitution.

How? Because the state capital was temporarily closed during debate on the right-to-work law thereby denying “the people” access to the debate.

We all know that the state police closed the building for 2 hours because the protest was turning dangerous; they reopened the building later on.

This is total bullshit and shows how goddamn desperate the union bosses are to keep their goose that lays golden eggs for them.

Snyder is set to appoint someone to our state supreme court since one of the judges pleaded guilty to bank fraud and had to step down. He needs to appoint a judge that will tell the ACLU where to shove their case!!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...