Monday, December 31, 2007

Last of the year 2007!



Well here we are on the last day of 2007; tomorrow starts 2008.

Do I reflect on the year that was or just look forward to the New Year 2008 – how about both!

2007 was a good year for me and my family as good years go. No major bad spots; I look at my sister’s recovery from breast cancer as a good spot. My job was extra stressful in 2007 but I hope to minimize that stress in 2008.

2007 went by as fast as all the years go by. I have to read all the year-end round-ups in the various magazines I read to remember what really did happen in 2007. What always amazes me is the list of people that have died during the year; these are people that most of us recognize as representing various generations in various fields of endeavor.

As a country, we had our bright and dark spots and continue to struggle on the international front and economically here at home. Many or our problems like Iraq just go year to year with little visible change and some like the sub-prime mortgage crisis, in my opinion, will only reveal its true damage potential only in 2008 and maybe beyond.

The New Year will mean Bush will be out and hopefully will not damage this country in his last remaining year too much. Presidential politics will dominate all of 2008; you will not be able to hide from it. It already started earlier than at any time in our political history.

I wonder if a clear winner will emerge in either party or will it go down to the wire at the national conventions.

I don’t expect dramatic change in 2008 but I am not in control so who can tell. I am starting off the year a little differently by spending a week in Marco Island, Florida with my in-laws from Scotland and our grandson. I do not usually travel this early in the New Year but spend the month of January planning for the rest of 2008 – oh well change is good, I think.

I do need to shed some pounds big time – maybe in 2008.

See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...