Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Romney and his troublesome MORMONISM!





Mitt Romney has decided to give a “religion” speech to the nation but it will not be like the JFK speech of the 60s.

John Kennedy had to defend his Catholicism by saying that the Pop/Vatican does not control him and will never control him. He said that he was not a Catholic running for president but an American who happens to be Catholic running for president. Obviously his speech worked because he won!

Romney, a Mormon, did not see a need to give a “religion” speech but since ole’ Huckabee, a Baptist minister, is winning in Iowa; Romney decided he had to make things clear to the public about his Mormonism.

The little I know about Mormonism and I do have a former Mormon friend, is not enough to make my opinions altogether very erudite, but I do generally know that the theology behind this religion is a stretch; a big stretch. Some say it is downright silly and totally absurd.

Romney is not going to defend Mormonism which Christians consider a “cult” and not a part of Christianity. He will basically say that look at the man and not his religion. His biblical words were: by the fruit of their labor will you know them – fair enough?

I am conflicted here. I don’t like people that wear their religion on their sleeve; I think it should be a private matter. If they spout religion all the time, I will not consider them seriously period!

BUT because Romney is trying to downplay his religion (like JFK did), I have to respect that.

I am conflicted about Romney mainly that he is a flip-flopper and is way too political BUT he is a good business man and a good manager. The fact that he is kissing ass everywhere he goes can be accepted as necessary politically? – Giuliani is not kissing ass!

Anyway, just an observation…

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...