Thursday, November 18, 2010

POLITICS: Palin has a plan...



My wife loves “Dancing with the Stars” on ABC. I try to busy myself in the office when the show is on but sometimes I will join her in watching. The first time I saw Bristol Palin (Sarah Palin’s daughter) as one of the contestants, I said she will win no matter how she dances.

I said that off the cuff because I knew that Sarah Palin’s plans to run for president in 2012 and keeping her name even through her daughter, in front of the public, means her chances of winning the primary and the election are that much more assured than for someone that is an unknown to the American public.

The fact that Sarah’s daughter is winning despite her lack of looks and talent, typifies the theme Sarah will use herself; a regular person with no political experience and not really that smart, rising to the top office in the country; lets here it for the little people. Many of those voting for her will identify with her and that is what she is counting on.

Sarah has a new book and she was interviewed by Barbara Walters for her “Ten (10) Most Interesting People of 2010” where she said she felt confident of beating Barack Obama in 2012. Noting the victories the Tea Party had in the past election, we should probably be a little scared but noting that the more absurd Tea Party candidates were booted out, should give us some hope that the country has not gone totally bonkers.

Sarah is supported by big money and smart money and the spin in the country for the next two (2) years will be intense and, for me, fun to watch.

It will be even more interesting if the Democrats spend big money on people that counter the Palin spin.

I think with Palin’s candidacy for president of the United States, we will be entering into a bizarre world of the absurd where we, as a country and as a people, will be viewed as total idiots. It is bad enough that because of our failing economy, we are already viewed as out of control; Palin will just bury our global credibility.

Ps. Is the Tea Party responsible for keeping Bristol Palin in the race for best dancer; I don’t know but would not put it passed them.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...