Wednesday, November 24, 2010

VATICAN: Condoms...Conservative reaction...

New article from the Associated Press: CONSERVATIVES AT ODDS WITH VATICAN OVER CONDOMS.

I knew it would not take long for the backlash. Some are probably saying that the pope is too old and possibly mentally feeble to speak to people, especially authors, by himself; someone should watch him at all times, which is a different topic all together (next time).

I think what ticks conservatives off is that all this time they were defending the Church’s conservative (if nonsensical) stance on condom use and here the pope reverses himself.

The book in question is called: “Light of the World: The Pope, the Church and the Signs of the Times” by a German Author and as I mentioned in my original blog on the subject, the answer seems to be in the translation.

Conservatives are blaming Rev. Frederico Lombardi for misquoting the pope and twisting his words.

The issue seems to be concerning the “morality of using condoms for disease prevention…” and to me, where in the hell does the subject of morality enter into the use of condoms.

I used them early on to prevent pregnancy which is banned by the Church but why should I give a shit why the Church wants me to produce a child every time I have sex with my wife when they don’t have to support that child; they are just looking at a larger parish congregation with more money in the collection box and more kids going to Catholic school…that didn’t work out so well, did it?

But the morality of using condoms to prevent disease has me stumped. Yes, the Church considers all sex outside the marriage as a sin and I can see that but knowing prostitution is the reality on earth, wouldn’t it be for the common good to prevent disease instead of telling people that they should not have sex outside of marriage which you know is plain foolhardy and unrealistic?

Everyone could see the reason male prostitutes should use condoms but when the pope supposedly widened that statement to include female prostitutes and transsexuals, people started grumbling. I ask you, do you want female prostitutes to have children resulting from their activities? If that is not an issue and disease prevention is something positive, than what is the problem?

Many Catholics and especially Catholic organizations are confused. Catholic Relief Services who do not promote the use of condoms will continue to do that…until further word.

I do not know what is happening; the pope may be declared senile and all his statements declared null and void OR just maybe, the pope or his advisors are getting some sense of reality knowing that the world is making fun of them as lacking any real time wisdom or even common sense for that matter, and trying to put themselves in a different light as actually “getting it” for the first time?

This will be a very interesting and exiting saga to follow…I hope.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...