Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2011: Let the discussions begin...

What a start to the New Year. I planned on being semi-retired by now and have been only working three (3) days a week but this week we have the FDA inspecting our facilities and so semi-retirement on hold for now.

Did get a vacation in (cruise the Caribbean) in early January; glad I did not wait.

Still seems like I don’t have enough free time to do what I want and I hope this is not something that will go on for the rest of 2011.

I do have grandkids that I love to spend time with and of course I have a mother (88) that requires some tending to and let us not forget my kids who although grown and living their own lives, I would like to stay active in their lives too.

Then there are issues that interest me that I want to comment on when I find the time. It does appear that the issues never really change for me so I must be interested in the same ole’ issues all the time?

I suppose we all have certain topics that attract our attention more than others. Why is that? I don’t really know but I suppose it has something to do with our early years, our upbringing and the experiences we encountered early on and throughout our developing periods.

The internet has given all of us a chance to express our thoughts and opinions like never before in the history of man. In the past, only the few could have their thoughts published and read by others; now everyone has the chance to do the same.

Is this a good thing? Well, as with anything that involves the masses, you can get a lot of detritus. That is a nice word meaning loose material left after disintegration as in debris but hey, we learn from each other about things and matters we would probably never discuss with those we are close with so it is all good.

I also think that in the internet age it is easier to dispel rumors, misinformation and just plain lies especially by professional spin doctors who were and are paid big money to confuse and mislead the great unwashed masses; something Bush did when he invaded Iraq and the FOX Network continues to do every day.

LET THE WORDS FLOW…

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...