Tuesday, January 25, 2011

RELIGION: The Jack-Ass of Alabama

George Wallace, 45th Governor of AlabamaImage via Wikipedia
Not to pick only on the Catholic Church; have you heard the one about the governor of Alabama telling a church crowd in Birmingham that those who have not accepted Jesus as their savior are not his brothers and sisters, meaning to many, I am sure, that he will only favor Christians as governor of Alabama and neglect all non-Christians.
I was stationed in the South during my Air Force days in the 1960s so I know of the good ole’ days down South but this is 2011 the last time I checked.

This time it is not about color but it is all about religion?

Governor Robert Bentley said he did not mean to insult anybody but I guess he forgot that even in lowly Alabama, there are people that may not be Christian, may not be Baptist, may not be from the U.S. and may actually belong to a religion that is not Christian. I wonder if Catholics and Mormons can be his brothers and sisters?

The South has always been the butt of jokes for years and this governor had just bared his butt and put a target on it. Hope the Alabamians are happy they elected such a jack-ass!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...