Friday, April 08, 2011

GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN: Beacause of abortion issue...bite my ass!

Aarrow-Planned ParenthoodImage via Wikipedia
We have been hearing about the imminent government shutdown if the Congressmen don’t agree to a budget soon. Yes, it is all about politics and can drive you crazy especially if you have plans to be at Yellowstone National Park in May and a government shutdown would close all national parks.

I can understand playing political chicken to the last minute about how deep to cut the budget but when I am told that the only issue holding up a compromise on the budget is about ABORTION, I go absolutely nuts.

The issue is federal funding for PLANNED PARENTHOOD, an organization that does a lot, on a national basis, for women and teens and only a small portion of what they do concerns abortions but all these Republican ass-holes can see is that federally funded abortions must be stopped – why – so you can federally (taxpayers) support unwanted children for the rest of their lives?

In the Wall Street Journal (very conservative) a number of Republican conservatives paid for a full page ad in the journal defending the Planned Parenthood organization and all the good that it provides women in the whole country.

The ad outlined the reproductive education that they provide to teens, their parents and their teachers with the aim at preventing unwanted pregnancies. They also provide Pap tests, cancer screening, breast exams and birth control to women that cannot afford it.

Planned Parenthood’s mission is to wipe out or control STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) which usually occur in the ranks of poor women.

I have supported Planned Parenthood most of my adult life and will continue to do so because I believe in what they do.

I get down right livid when I see stupid politicians attack an organization that does so much good for political reasons and believe me, the abortion issue is all about politics.

I have stated many a time that I don’t know anyone that is pro-abortion including myself but to be anti-choice is to deny a person(s) the freedom to be in charge of their own bodies and to tell a married couple that they cannot plan their lives themselves without interference from strangers is to me, abominable.

Please also remember that abortion is legal and the law of the land so quit trying to circumnavigate it.

If you want to bring faith and God into the issue I can only remind you that no one and I do mean not one person, knows or has known what God thinks or wants. The only reason some Christians and Catholics think they know what God wants is because they invented Him (made Him up) according to how they think he should be and so of course THEIR God is going to think like they do.

My God (Mother Earth) cares about the humankind that inhabits Her and allows it the freedom to grow, prosper and be happy; something some religious kooks can’t seems to agree with.

I am all about FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY but how can I vote for Republicans when they are such despicable morons when it comes to social issues…I NEED A POLITICAL PARTY OF MY OWN!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...