Friday, April 29, 2011

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Birthers are assholes?

Official presidential portrait of Barack Obama...Image via Wikipedia

I was pretty disgusted that President Obama had to issue the long form of his birth certificate to allay the nagging questions regarding his American citizenship.

I personally do not think he should have done that because it actually helps him politically since it paints all “birthers” as total assholes; I know people that are birthers (deny that Obama was born in Hawaii) and I am sorry but on this subject you are assholes and I may throw in, racists too.

I say racists because I believe that no white president would ever be questioned in this way even if questions about their birth status did exist. There are a ton of politicians that were not born in the U.S. and I believe that in the near future some of them will want to run for President and I believe our Constitution that stipulates only a natural born American can hold that office, will have to be changed.

Looking at the politicians that call themselves birthers (Trump, Palin, Huckabee etc.), I am amazed at the need to question Obama’s birth status as a political weapon; what benefit does that give you politically?

Am I not seeing something here?

They actually tried to pass a law in Arizona that stipulates that all presidential candidates prove their U.S. citizenship before being allowed on the ballot. Even their governor, who has some issues herself, vetoed it as stupid. Maybe they have too much sun in Arizona?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...