Friday, February 26, 2010

POLITICS: The Tea Party?













Some of my friends, who are sick of our government, were looking at the Tea Party movement as a possible venue for protest.

The Tea Party has been in the news constantly even though there is NO formal Tea Party organization. They call it a grassroots movement that has members of sorts in every state of the union.

The Tea Part of history happened in Boston as a protest against a British tax on tea; the protestors threw the tea on board ships, overboard.

Reports say that one of the problems Tea Party members have with our government is over- taxation and over -spending. I think they are the same people (ugly-ass white people) that screamed nonsense at the health care forums held by Democrats in their home districts.

I am one person that is pissed at our government and our politicians for screwing things up the way they did; both parties. But I do not know if the Tea Party is my way of protesting.

I saw their so called convention in Nashville and all I had to do is see Sarah Palin to know I did not belong. There was also some wacko railing against illegal immigrants. Ron Paul is the only person there that was normal.

I think the Tea Party has attracted religious nuts, anti-choice nuts and just nuts on the fringe of society but I cannot deny that the idea of a Tea Party has resonated with many voters as seen in election defeats in Massachusetts and elsewhere so I think some component of the Tea Party idea has validity as a true representation of the way Americans are feeling but it is so unorganized that each group of people calling themselves members of the Tea Party can represent totally divergent views.

So let us see where this movement goes and if it will ever coalesce into something unified…

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...