Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger to Brit Hume: Buddha is Just Alright With Me -- Politics Daily

Tiger to Brit Hume: Buddha is Just Alright With Me -- Politics Daily

Following up on my Tiger Woods blog, I have to drag religion into it because it was a factor in his apology speech today. Brit Hume, from my favorite TV news channel FOX: News for morons, stated previously that Woods needs to become a Christian because that is the only way he can fix his life; mainly because Jesus forgives everything and everybody.

Well, other religions have redemption and Jesus forgiving everybody and everything is a made up bunch of crap to gain paying, sinning followers who feel they can get to heaven, no matter how bad they are, if they join the Christian faith.

Buddhism is a much older faith of sorts, started way before Christianity was invented and it deals with reality and how to handle everyday life without screwing it up as Tiger Woods did.

Unlike Christianity that tells you that you can go fuck up all you want and everything will be forgiven, Buddhism teaches restraint and it teaches that you need to learn not to give in to physical temptations but remain above them. I don't know that much about Buddhism but I know it beats Christianity hands down because it does not depend on superstitions and miracles and mumbo jumbo but on realism and the achievement of a life one can be proud of through self control.

Tiger's mother, who taught him his Buddhist faith, was at his speech and told him that he is not alone and that she will always stand by him and help him all she can because she loves him.

I am proud of him that he did not run to Jesus like all the other sinning assholes that beg for forgiveness and vow that they have been born again and have been forgiven - bullshit - you screwed up so take the punishment and don't hide behind Jesus, you sorry ass.

Well, its Friday and I am relaxed with a nice vodka on ice next to me so I better quit while I am ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...