Monday, October 03, 2011

POLISH CATHOLICS: See brown spot as miracle...


Polish Catholics see miracle in communion wafer | The Associated Press | News | Washington Examiner:

'via Blog this'

This article caught my eye because SOKOLKA, POLAND is where my parents were from before WWII and where I visited with my mother, seeing where she lived, worked and went to school and from where she and my father were taken by the Soviets to a Siberian labor camp.

The town is right on the border with Ukraine (former Soviet Union) and is pretty conservative to say the least and big time Catholic even though the cousins I met there said the Church there is getting a little too uppity and demanding; basically running the town.

So I am not surprised that a communion wafer that fell on the floor in 2008, was placed in water to dissolve as part of tradition, was discovered partly dissolved by a nun who noticed a brown/red spot on it that she immediately assumed to be the blood of Jesus or part of his heart, as two supposed doctors testified to.

We have seen pizza slicer that resembled Jesus, bleeding statues of Mary and a host of other such examples that needless to say, draw thousands who want to believe in miracles.

There is no question that people really WANT to see an honest miracle but alas there are no miracles and there never were any so don't hold your breath. Yes you can argue that Jesus performed miracles but so did hundreds of other so called prophets; no historical documentation only myth.

My only concern here is that the town and its people do not appear to backward (in Polish the word is CIEMNOTA) and I am hoping some Warsaw intellectuals will point out the absurdity of the entire issue. Others will say, let the people believe what they want to...who am I to argue...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...