Friday, October 07, 2011

STEVE JOBS: Thank you so very much...

Image representing Steve Jobs as depicted in C...Image via CrunchBase
Six weeks ago, when I heard that Steve Jobs resigned as CEO of Apple saying “unfortunately the time has come…” my heart sank knowing his battle was lost and his days were numbered. Yesterday, when I heard he had died, it still hit me like a ton of bricks even though I knew it was coming.

I had to make a drink and sit down and ponder what just had happened.

I remember working with my brother Stef at Pointe Scientific, Inc. when the MAC revolution began. We were like kids with new toys and when we started bringing in Macs into the company, many still thought we were playing with toys and of course now the world cannot live without computers.

The Mac was a user friendly machine when compared to the IBM system that only highly trained computer geeks could use or operate; the Mac allowed me to be a computer user and boy did we use it.

Steve Jobs allowed us to experience being at the cusp of a historical shift in the way the world operates; children born today will never know that feeling that experience.

Here was a man born out of wedlock to a graduate student who gave him up for adoption, agreeing to let a couple who were college drop-outs adopt him if they promised to send him to college. The best thing his adoptive father did for him was to give him his own workbench and the rest is history.

We can talk about fairness but as we know, life is not always fair and you have to live or die with what it gives you. A visionary genius, he undoubtedly had many more productive years ahead of him and I hope he drew up some of his visions for the future for others to follow because it is those visions that had changed the world forever.

We can only imagine what went through his head as the end drew near, why me…just a little bit longer…one more project…and then blackness.

His legacy will live on forever and history books will praise him forever and I will remember him and thank him for changing my life, forever.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...