Friday, November 11, 2011

MICHIGAN'S POT LAW: Religious kook attorney general will not allow it...

"Marijuana Cigarette"Image via Wikipedia
I love our Republican governor, Rick Snyder. He is a business man that runs the state as a business and so far he is doing a great job.

BUT he is different from other Michigan Republicans who, as evidenced by the recent anti-bullying fiasco, are plain and simple, RELIGIOUS KOOKS and as such, represent a danger to all Michiganians.

I have talked about our Republican Attorney General, Bill Schuette on a number of occasions. He was openly a religious nut case before his election but no one seemed to notice as voters voted against any and all things Democratic, blaming the Democrats for all that is wrong with their lives and I can agree with some of them BUT…

When we vole for a Republican’s belief in fiscal conservatism and responsibility (which I admire) we also have to be aware that the Republican’s conservatism with money matters can also bring with it a religious conservatism and fundamentalism that borders on a return to the dark ages. Not all Republicans fit this bill but voting Republican will always bring with it a danger of social regression.

I do not like attorney generals because they are always running for higher office and that is their primary concern and not the legality at hand. Schuette has already embroiled the state in religious matters when it was not the state’s business to do so and now he is concentrating on attacking the use of marijuana even though Michigan voters said that the use of marijuana for medical reasons is legal.

I gave up cigarettes many years ago after being a heavy smoker in my younger days. I finally have my lungs nice and clean and I will not go back to smoking and to me, smoking marijuana is still smoke in your lungs so it is not something I would do under any circumstance BUT I voted to allow medicinal marijuana and I would vote to legalize marijuana across the board since I consider smoking marijuana on par with drinking liquor; if you allow one you should allow the other.

Bill Schuette has decided that marijuana is evil and he will prevent its use no matter what the voters say. It appears that to Schuette, marijuana use is somehow against his religious and moral beliefs but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why.

But the greater issue here is why one man and his belief system is allowed to stymie the wishes of a majority of Michigan voters and residents. He is trying to impose on us HIS belief system and that just cannot be allowed.

I don’t know what we can do legally at this point to tell him to concentrate on legal matters that actually are serious and need attention and quit playing with bullshit issues that should not concern him.

We can make sure when the next elections come up that we make sure we are not electing someone that is a closet religious kook just waiting his chance to tell us how to live according to HIS belief system.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...