Wednesday, June 08, 2011

BIRTHDAY PRESENT: A ride on a B-17...

I forgot to mention what I received for a present for my birthday in May. My daughter and son-in-law gave me a ticket for a ride in a WWII B-17 Heavy Bomber in July. It flies out of Willow Run during the big air show they have there.

The bomber is called “Yankee Lady” and I will get to sit in all the positions (except the pilot’s I presume). We will fly at 3,000 to 5,000 feet and will fly up the Detroit River with Detroit to the left and Windsor to the right.

I have to decide which camera to take since maneuvering around the aircraft will be tricky, hmmmmm…

My son-in-law is coming with me since he is an aircraft nut just like me.

I will have pictures in July…





No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...