Friday, June 03, 2011

VACATION and Incommunicado too!

When we were traveling in Yellowstone National Park in a large loop from area to area and cabin to cabin, we were, for all intents and purposes, incommunicado. That means in most of the park, there was no television, internet or cell phone service; this is a little strange for people like me that usually are in total communication with basically the world.

There were “land-line phones”, yes- the old pay phones that are no longer seen in many cities. Some young people were asking at the service desk how those things worked since they have NEVER used one before.

I did manage to get an occasional USA Today paper which I guess, makes its way to every corner of the world no matter how desolate or out of reach and that, at least, gave me some idea about what was going on.

We managed quite nicely. Yes, we went to bed early but that was because we were tired and not that there was no TV to watch. We read our books and all the literature about the park and we marveled at the natural beauty around us and just let it sink in.

I am happy to be back and in the know because there are so many things happening around the world and I want to make sure I don’t miss any of them…so back into the swing of things…





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...