Wednesday, June 01, 2011

MEMORIAL DAY 2011

Returned from Yellowstone Park just in time for Memorial Day but boy was it hot. As a matter of fact it was too hot for Luke (see red face) and we had to take him inside into the AC; guess he must be just too fat to stand the heat.

The evening proved very comfortable so we ventured outside again.

I brought my mother along since she has been cooped up in her apartment for some time while we were gone.

Memorial Day is a great day to honor Veteran’s of our many wars but I am getting a little annoyed that the line between soldiers that died and were drafted (Vietnam) and soldiers that died but volunteered to serve in the military, has been blurred or eliminated.

I feel the difference is huge and even though soldiers died either way, the drafted soldier was “forced” to go and in essence, forced to die against his will.

I think that point has to be remembered even though it is never mentioned in the media.






No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...