Sunday, June 03, 2012

JOHN EDWARDS: Not a good man...




Television news has forced me to watch daily reports about the trial of John Edwards, the former presidential candidate who was being tried for misusing campaign money for personal reasons. The big question facing jurors was whether he used campaign money to hide his affair from his wife and the public and not for his presidential campaign.

I was amazed that this misuse of funds could cost him 30 years in jail. To me the whole trial was a super waste of taxpayer dollars and had nothing to do with putting a dangerous criminal away; it was about prosecutors that wanted their names in the paper so they can later run for higher office.

What prompted me to write about this case was not the case but actually his speech on the courthouse steps after he was acquitted; for some reason what he said bothered me and I guess a few other people.

This morning I read Rochelle Riley’s piece in the Detroit Free Press: WHERE WAS HIS APOLOGY TO MRS. EDWARDS?

We have not seen the last of these adulterers who play on the national and international stage but I guess what pisses me off the most about Edwards is when he said God is not through with me yet, he has plans for me…as if God somehow is picking him for some special assignment because he is such a good man?

I guess what really sticks in people’s craw is the fact that he cheated on his “dying” wife and then with such a straight face he lied his ass off to us and especially to his wife and children…what a wretch; I saw the interview with him on TV and he is a great liar!

And during the trial, he makes his daughter attend with him every day, hearing what a scoundrel her father was and how hurt her mother was and what about his aged parents, having to hear day after day what an asshole they raised…how could he put them through that?

Edwards said how much he loved his children and even his out-of-wedlock daughter and seemed to have made peace with his God but as Rochelle Riley points out, he never publicly apologized to his wife who not only had to deal with her own imminent death but had to go to her grave knowing what her husband did to her; the husband she supported and trusted through all those years…I can only imagine how she felt in her last minutes.










Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...