Sunday, June 24, 2012

OBAMA VS ROMNEY: Which one is the lesser evil?




One political issue that I have been battling concerns the Republican fiscal philosophy (conservative) that I agree with, on the one hand and their social issues extremism on the other.

Many who voted for Republicans to straighten out the financial mess that many states found themselves in are now starting to regret their votes seeing how those Republicans are now showing their true colors by pushing conservative social issues that they were no elected to pursue.

Joe Klein in his article AN ELECTION OF LESSER EVILS in the July issue of TIME Magazine points this out as he travels in the Midwest asking voters what they think.

In Michigan, I voted for Rick Snyder, the Republican candidate for governor because I felt he was the man to get the state back into financial shape and I think so far, I have not been disappointed; I think he is GREAT!

The problem is that Snyder’s Republican victory also brought in other Republicans hanging on to his coat-tails but unlike Snyder himself who does not have any social issue agenda, the other Republicans do and it is starting to show.

These Republicans are no pushing anti-abortion legislation, attacking University of Michigan’s stem cell research and gagging a female legislator for using the word vagina on the house floor.

I like Snyder as a businessman doing what needs to be done which is similar to who Romney is, a businessman, that knows how to get things done BUT they are still Republicans and it appears that they will ALLOW their party to take this nation backwards into the dark ages of social policy and I am not sure that I can let that happen.

I object to a lot that Obama does on the economic front and I have spoken up about my issues with his policies BUT I am sure I do not want to give Republicans the power to take away our freedoms just because they have a screwed up religious ideology where they think they are right and we all better bend to their way of thinking…hell no!

And as Joe Klein points out this may be an election of LESSER EVILS and who would do the least damage to this country and as I ponder this today, I would rather Obama get another four years than let the Republican hordes have their way with my freedoms.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...